Monday, April 1, 2013

Poetry month re-redux

April is poetry month.  Three years ago I was double-dog-dared to participate in NaPoWriMo: National Poetry Writing Month; wherein one writes a poem every day for the month of April.  I've done this for two years now, but each of my poems has been about masonry.  It's a challenge to write a poem about a specific topic every day, especially since I spend just a few minutes on each one (I'm busy, K?).   Three years in a row?  I'll try again.

An impossible challenge

Concrete block are used for walls
Never a roof, ‘cuz if it falls
-even once- upon your head
You will be forever dead.

A roof so made is really strong
It will last for centuries long
It’s also (really) less expensive
The uses are quite extensive!

Conventional wisdom is forsaken
And this task I’ve undertaken
I will force Progress to march
And concrete block will make an arch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment